Monday, March 16, 2009

what a difference you made...

Well, I'm trudging along today. I'm not happy to be menstruating. It began today, and frankly, I am displeased with the swollen abdomen, hips, and overall ennui of it.
Also, I crave protein like a madwoman. I'm contemplating tuna, which is on my "absolutely nots" list. It's a trigger food for me, sure to launch my jowls into swarms of chewing, gasp, swallowing, and gaining weight.
My weight is not nearly where I would have it be at this stage (nearly 3.5 months on an odyssey that is scheduled to end the final week of this year), though my size has lowered to its third drop.
Likely, I am losing muscle faster than fat, which is a concern. I know why this is. Eating less than 500 calories per day on a consistent basis will cause me to conserve fat in muscle tissue, and break down good muscle for fuel.
Smart, eh?
Well, my anorexia head reminds me every day that this will work if I only LISTEN to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment