Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I bet you didn't sleep good last night

Grammatical errors aside in my title quote, it's been a great night. I decided to put something into big practice that I've only recently played with. I used to do it a bit, but I've usually just binged away if tempted.

Tonight I spent an hour chewing/sloshing and spitting soups, waffles, candy bars, protein bars, and pasta. I was too scared to put things in my mouth that I wouldn't normally eat in a restricted quantity (such as peanut butter or cheese). So, I have emerged after carefully making sure each slosh including remnants went down the drain. My body has not suffered, and my brain is satisfied.

I've already done this at work a couple times with hummus and crackers, but this was wholly satisfying and I am spent...without actually having to accept the food into my stomach and expel it.

It felt foreign to hold such calorie-rich foods on my tongue (had I eaten the lot, I would have consumed roughly 800 calories). I imagine I barely absorbed 30 since I didn't allow the food in my mouth for long.

I know the saliva assists in more rapid digestion even in the mouth, which was why I kept water flowing in and out of my mouth as much as possible.

Thank goodness for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment